Fish Tandoori Recipe
Fish Tandoori is a delicious Fish preparation which can be served as an appetiser or as a side dish.
Have you ever tried out fish tandoori? Trust me, it is equally as delicious as chicken tandoori. Normally, tandoori is prepared in tandoor oven, but I normally prepare it in my convection oven. The fish choice is completely upto you. Same recipe can be used for fillets too. I normally use pompano or kingfish for this recipe.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other other Fish recipes such as
- 1 Fish , nicely washed with bones on (I used Pompano) For marination
- 2 tablespoons Yogurt (Curd)
- 1/4 cup Onions , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves (Dhania) , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cooking oil
- Salt , to taste
Directions for Fish Tandoori Recipe
To begin making the Fish Tandoori recipe, keep the head and tail on and remove the fins and insides of the fish.
Make as many horizontal slits as possible to the fish on both the sides for marinade to go deep inside. Wash it really well and apply salt on both the sides .
Keep for about 10 minutes. In a bowl, mix together all the marination ingredients together really well and apply it to the fish on both the sides, pressing the mixture inside the slits really well .
Keep it covered for about 40 to 50 minutes for marination. The longer is better.
Preheat you oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. Lightly brush the grill with oil and place the fish over the grill.
Place your grill on the baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes.
To check the fish whether baked well, insert a toothpick and check if it feel soft and light. If it does, remove the stick out and serve hot.