- Created on 03 December 2007
- Written by Archana Doshi
The Oatmeal Dosa recipe is a super simple and a quick preparation of a savoury crepe. The quick cooking oats are combined along with whole wheat flour and spiced with green chillies and ginger and flavoured with a bountiful of coriander leave. The result is an absolutely delicious packed with flavour and nutrition. This has always been a quick fix meal for me when I run out of groceries. My children enjoy these dosa's for breakfast or dinner or even as an after school snack.
Makes 10 - 12 dosas | crepes
Ingredients to make Oatmeal Dosa
- 1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 3 cups water
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper crushed
- a small bunch of freshly chopped coriander leaves
- oil for cooking
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and allow it to rest covered for about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, stir well and make sure that you have a spreading consistency for the oat dosa batter.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat; pour a ladle full of batter on the griddle and spread the batter inside out to form a circular dosa.
- Drizzle some oil in and around the edges of the dosa and allow it to cook in medium heat until the top of the dosa looks steamed. Flip and turn to the other side to cook the dosa. Once done, flip again, fold and serve.
- Serve the Oatmeal Dosa along with your favourite Chutney or just Idli Milagai Podi
Alternative Tasty Tips
- You can add chopped spinach/ chopped cabbage/chopped onions/chopped fenugreek leaves/chopped mint/grated carrots to make it a healthier meal