- Created on 26 August 2009
- Written by Archana Doshi
- Hits: 34179
The dish is otherwise called as Stuffed Capsicum in India, carries immense flavors and taste is delicious. The recipe does not call for a gravy, but surely you can get creative and use a tomato based gravy to serve it with rice or any bread.
Green bell peppers combined with spiced up potatoes and baked with a dollop of butter, gives out delectable flavors.
Note the measurement for the potatoes are for really small size capsicum and not if those are not available do alter the quantity of the potato mixture as per your requirements.
There are many alternatives for the stuffing mixture. Some other combinations for stuffing can be…
1. Spiced up rice combine with vegetables
2. Cottage Cheese(Paneer) combined with vegetable
Go ahead and experiment with your choice of stuffing and spices and you are sure to relish this dish.
Cooking Time: 30-45 minutes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 Green Bell Peppers(all of similar size - preferably smaller ones)
- 2 cups of cooked mashed potatoes potatoes
- 2 tablespoons sweet peas
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon oil
- about a spoon of butter each capsicum.
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a baking sheet with oil or line it with parchment paper.
Heat oil in a pan; add the cumin seeds, onions, ginger, green chillies. Saute until the onions become tender.
Add the potatoes, chilli powder. turmeric powder and salt. Saute until all the ingredients get combined well. Turn off the heat. Add the coriander leaves and stir well.
With a sharp knife, gently cut the stem and the seeds of the bell pepper. Tap gently so all the seeds fall off.
Stuff the potato mixture into the capsicum and arrange them vertical on the baking sheet. Add a half a teaspoon of butter on each stuffed bell pepper.
Bake the them in the oven for about 30 minutes or until you notice the shell of the bell pepper has started shrinking and the top has browned.