Serves: 4 persons
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large cauliflower (about 20-25 florets)
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 cup pureed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 cardamom pods, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 cup fresh milk cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped coariander leaves
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable/Sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a wok/frying pan; add cumin seeds, ginger and allow it to crackle.
Add turmeric powder, tomatoes, cardamom pods, garam masala, chilli powder, salt, 1/4 cup water and cauliflower florets; simmer covered for 10-15 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and cooked. Add the milk cream and a little more water and simmer for 5 more minutes. Use your judgement in adding water, based on the amount of gravy you would like.
Garnish with chopped corainder leaves and serve hot with phulkas or jeera pulav.