Lets dive right in to see how to make Aloo Mutter Ki Sabzi
Makes: 4 servings
Ingredients to make the Aloo Mutter Ki Sabzi Recipe
- 2 large potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1/2 cup of peas/mutter, steamed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- an inch piece of ginger
- 1 cup of freshly pureed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 or 2 green chillies, slit
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- a small bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
- Make a paste of the onion, ginger and garlic and keep aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan; add in the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle. Add in the onion paste mixture and saute on low heat until the raw small from the onions go away and they turn golden in color.
- Add in the tomato puree, green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt and chilli powder and stir well. Allow the tomatoes to come a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, add in the cooked potatoes. Turn the heat to low, cover the pan and simmer the mixtrue for about 15 minutes. In the last 3 minutes of the simmering process of the sabzi, add in the steamed peas and stir.
- Finally stir in the coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Serve the Aloo Mutter Ki Sabzi along with steamed rice, parathas, phulka's or naan's