- Created on 22 November 2011
- Written by Archana Doshi
Roasted Mushroom and Eggplant Lasagna with Ricotta Recipe is one of the most favourite dishes for dinner at my home. Packed with vegetables and goodness of ricotta and durum wheat pasta make it wholesome, nourishing and absolutely delicious. As with any pasta, I always never fail to make the pasta sauce at home from the basics. Fresh herbs, fresh vegetable, including freshly made Ricotta goes right between the delicate layers of this home baked lasagna.
- 10 sheets of lasagne (regular size), the one that needs no pre-cooking
- 4 cups fresh button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cups eggplant, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 recipe of tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cream
- 6-7 twigs of fresh basil, torn
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Keep a 8 x 8 inch square baking pan ready.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pan on medium heat; add in the eggplant, sprinkle some salt. Stir the eggplant covered partially until it gets soft and tender and gets a roasted aroma. Turn off heat and transfer the eggplant to a large bowl.
- In the same pan heat the remaining one tablespoon of oil on high heat; add the onions, mushrooms and red bell pepper and stir fry on high heat until the ingredients are well roasted and the mushroom and peppers has shrunk in size and tender.
- Turn off heat and transfer the contents into the same large bowl where the eggplant was transferred. Stir together all the roasted vegetables in the large bowl until well combined.
- Whisk the cooked sauce and the cream together until well combined. We will spread the sauce and vegetables over three layers, so its good idea to divide them into three portions.
- Spread a portion of sauce at the bottom of the pan; Then spread a portion of the vegetables and ricotta over the sauce layer. Place a layer of lasagne sheets over the vegetable layer until all the portions are covered.
- Repeat the similar process for another two times. Finally sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and torn basil leaves evenly over the top covering the entire Lasagna. Tightly wrap with foil and place in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow the Lasagna to sit for at least five minutes before serving.
- I hope you enjoy making the Roasted Mushroom and Eggplant Lasagna with Ricotta Recipe. Do give your feedback in the comments below. Thank you!