Archana's Kitchen is India's leading recipe and food discovery website that gives the world a credible and confident 'DIY' solutions for everyday cooking. It has millions of readers using the recipes and videos enhanced with rich content like menu plans special diets dinner ideas and more
If you are a self-starter who can lead projects and deliver results, you will be rewarded and promoted. There is no glass ceiling. You are limited only by your abilities and ambition. We'd love for you to join us!
It’s a workplace where people actually enjoy their jobs. We don’t just clock in from 9-5 and count down the hours. The entire team is passionate about building something amazing – and having a lot of fun doing it!
As you will be joining a small team, you get to experience all the good bits about creating a great brand. From taking part in videos (if that’s your thing) to writing a fun story (which might even go viral), you’ll have the chance to get involved in things that excite you – even when it’s not in your job description.
This is your chance to get in on the ground floor, and become part of a growing Archana's Kitchen team that is leading India’s digital media revolution! Check out available jobs at Archana's Kitchen below.
Location: Bangalore, Position: Full Time
Open Positions ( Click on the job title for detailed description )
Are you looking for an opportunity to dive head first into a Digital Startup to drive sales and revenue? As the Head of Sales you will join our small but fast growing team and be responsible for dealing with key clients and agencies. You will be the engine responsible for bringing in revenues and drive growth. This is your chance to get in on the ground and become part of a growing Archana's Kitchen team that is leading India’s digital media revolution!
How to apply: Send your CV along with a covering email to Archana Doshi, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MBA at a reputed institute, with a 5+ years digital sales experience in Food, FMCG and lifestyle segment
- Excellent written and spoken communication, with proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong understanding of digital sales and media planning process
- Proven experience of generating new business streams, with relevant experience in closing the Sales deals independently.
- Have existing relationships/dealings with Advertising Agencies and Clients in India
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to manage business relationships is paramount.
- Proficient at analyzing market trends to provide critical inputs for business development initiatives and formulation of selling and marketing strategies
- Manage the sales cycle from start to finish for select key clients: prospect, identify relevant contacts, negotiate and secure sales of online advertising and sponsorship programs to premium brands across select lifestyle, kitchen and food categories.
- Ability to sell everything from branded content to social-media partnerships and event associations. Come up with exciting new brand propositions that will add to our bottom line.
- Make sales presentation decks with a strong communication ability to make the pitch and convert them into a client for Archana's Kitchen.
- Have the knowledge of all brands, both small and big and who has a big media budget to spend. Most importantly, well connected to know whom to call to and make a sale.
- Be a strong networker who is on constant look out for brands that can work with Archana's Kitchen and be able to convince them to come on board.
- Understand the client’s long-term business needs, their ROI and do what it takes to keep relationships between clients and Archana's Kitchen strong.
- Hit targets with monthly and quarterly sales.
- You will report directly to our Founder and CEO.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about writing, education, marketing, and technology. Fluency in English and ability to write compellingly in English is a requirement. Experience with social media marketing and content marketing specifically is also major plus. Archana's Kitchen is actively looking for a Food & Content Manager. The position will involve conception of content, writing content on food, editing user generated content for the website and brand. The Content Manager will join our core editorial team and will be responsible for dealing innovating, creating and editing content. You will be responsible for building quality content on the website that will be useful for the users.
- Bachelors in Journalism, with strong English background
- A minimum of two years work experience as an editor with a reputed publication/ media organization with familiarity in web publishing
- A broad grasp of food content that goes beyond recipes to be creative and find clever ways of inspiring and teaching a wide spectrum of people to use the recipes.
- An excellent grasp of the English language and a keen eye for detail
- The ability to handle spreadsheets Excel and Google sheets and ability to adhere to schedules and editorial calendars
- The ability to work well with others and the willingness to chip in whenever and wherever you might be needed
- Be super-responsive to calls and messages, and emails and interact with the internal team and the contributors
- Highly organized and detail-oriented in writing and organization
- Strong, distinctive voice, with an ability to write for Archana's Kitchen audience
- An eye for current trends in food, both for an Indian and world audience
- Skills in research, interviewing, and editing
- A cheerful, enthusiastic work ethic and sense of humor
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and to quickly adjust strategy and execution in the face of new information
- Culinary school and test kitchen experience not necessary but a plus
- Research, pitch, and write service-oriented food content
- Write additional types of content as needed for the websites and clien
- Edit contributor recipes and content
- Manage Contributors & Client Projects
- Develop and/or test recipes as needed
- Assist with day-to-day production of recipes and food content
- Strategize and brainstorm future content
- Assist in special projects and administrative tasks as needed
In addition to your strong technical background, you are self-motivated, a problem solver, and a leader. If you’ve consistently demonstrated passion in your past work you fit right in.
- Server Side using PHP (LAMP Framework), Joomla/Drupal following best coding practices.
- Understanding of LAMP stack.
- Leveraging Git, Apache, nginx, Amazon AWS (any other cloudhosting)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs to enable integration with 3rd party products
- Taking ownership of projects to drive product improvements that will be useful to the end user.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Take full ownership of features and see them through from their inception to deployment to production environments.
- Work in a collaborative environment with a variety of context and minimal guidance.
- One to three years of work experience as a full stack developer
- Engineering degree from a reputable college.
Archana's Kitchen is the top recipe and food website with over millions of visitors. The new position will distribute content across social media platforms, engage our audience, and create timely and on-brand content.
- Distribute and optimize content on multiple social platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Yummly, & Flipboard
- Set up email newsletter mailings on a daily and as-needed basis
- Engage with readers across all social platforms
- Engage and respond to comments on the website.
- Write one to three posts a day for the website
- Help strategize and brainstorm future content and social initiatives
- Create monthly reports tracking and analyzing social media performance
- One year of experience in publishing or social media marketing
- Active personal participation in some forms of social media
- Insight into how social platforms operate and create engagement
- Detail-oriented in writing, communication, and organization
- Strong, distinctive voice, with an ability to write for Archana's Kitchen audience
- A sense of humor, with awareness of current events, trends, and food topics
- A cheerful, enthusiastic work ethic
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, and to adjust strategy and execution for new projects
- Experience with any of the following a plus: Photoshop, Lightroom, Canva, iPhone video, Google Analytics, Curalate
Submit a resume and cover letter to
- Email To: email@example.com
- Subject line: Social Media Manager – Archana's Kitchen
- Include personal social media handles in resume.
- Include links to at least two writing clips in your cover letter.
- Submit a resume and cover letter by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mention the job title in the subject. E.g., Food and Content Editor – Archana's Kitchen Application
- For Content Editor & Social Media Openings: Include links to at least two writing clips in your cover letter
- Include personal social media handles in resume