- Created on 28 January 2010
- Written by Archana Doshi
- Hits: 8837
Gomiti Rigati, lined elbow macaroni, are perfect with chunky sauces, especially sauces that also have oil or cream that can slip into the pasta. This recipe though does not call for a chunky sauce but surely a creamy peanut sauce that is sure to open your palates to an Asian flavored pasta.
- 2 cups of uncooked Gomiti pasta
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup of freshly chopped spring onions
- 1/4 cup of roasted coarsely crushed peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of chinese chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmezan Reggiano Cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- Chilli Flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 180 C.
Cook the pasta until al dente adding salt to the water in which the pasta is being cooked.
Heat oil in pan; add the garlic, onions and saute until it turns slight golden and the onions are tender. Add all the other ingredients and including the pasta and except the cheese and milk. Stir well on low heat.
Place the pasta to an oven proof serving dish, like a casserole. Stir in the milk to the prepared pasta. Sprinkle cheese on top to cover the pasta. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes until the cheese melts.
Allow it to sit for 15 minutes before serving. Serve warm with your choice of white wine.