Kacche Aam Ki Launji Recipe
It is a delicious combination of sweet and tangy flavours.
Kacche Aam ki Launji (Raw Mango Launji) is the most famous traditional recipe from the state of royals, Rajasthan. It is a delicious combination of sweet and tangy flavours. Addition of kalaunji, fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds are important in this recipe as it gives a twist to the usual launji.
You can also try other Mango recipes such as
- 3 Mangoes (Raw)
- 1/2 tablespoon Mustard oil
- Asafoetida (hing) , a pinch
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Dates
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- Salt , as required
Directions for Kacche Aam Ki Launji Recipe
To begin with Kacche Aam Ki Launji, cut the mangoes into big slices. Heat a wide pan with mustard oil, add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, asafoetida, and Nigella seeds.
After the seeds splutter, add the sliced mangoes to it.
Add Jaggery and simmer the mango pieces for 10-15 minutes till the pieces become soft and the gravy becomes thick.
Add turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix well. This can be served hot as well as refrigerated and used over the week.