We use our kitchen on a daily basis to cook food and sometimes we end up eating in the kitchen too. It is the place which should be germ-free and clean to maintain our hygiene because whatever we eat it is prepared there. When you have a clean kitchen, it not only helps you cook in peace, but enjoy the process of cooking too.
Cleaning a kitchen, is as easy and it sounds. All you have to do is clean as you cook. There are a few simple things we can do everyday, to keep our kitchen clean and tidy. Here are few easy hacks which you can use to keep your kitchen clean and germ-free. I hope you find these tips useful and do share your tips with us in the comments below.
A lot of us cleaning the refrigerator a tedious process and avoid to clean our fridge thinking it is cold enough to keep itself away from germs. But let’s not forget that food does get decayed even in the fridge and germs do build up over time. Here are few things which you can use to clean your fridge easy and make it stain and germs free.
- Mix 2 parts of water with 1 part of vinegar and spray them inside your fridge, leave it for few minutes and wipe them with a dry kitchen towel.
- For tough stains add baking soda and water apply them over the stains and clean them using a cloth.
- Finally, use trays and stackable airtight boxes and containers to keep food fresh and spill free.
- Ovens are the toughest to clean as they attract stains and dirt and when we have left the oven uncleaned after many uses, the job can get really tedious. We did some quick research to get you started to clean your oven.
- Remove the oven racks and take a bowl and add 1/2 cup of baking soda and few tablespoon of water in it and spread on the oven surface. Ensure sure you are wearing a glows while doing this.
- Leave the baking soda along with the water overnight.
- The next day use a scrub and clean the oven dirt out. In addition you can also add white vinegar and your oven will even cleaner.
- And finally rinse using a wet cloth, until you get a clean and sparkling oven.
Sink is an area in the kitchen which gets used through the day after cooking and after every meal. Utensils tend to get piled up along with the oils and food. If you are not an everyday cleaner, your kitchen sink can attract some serious mold and germs. It's a good practice to clean the sink everyday and do your dishes everyday too. You will wake up every morning to a clean kitchen. A few tips you can follow
- Rinse plates after food and either wash them or load them into the dishwasher.
- Rinse the soiled cooking utensils and keep them to the side on the sink and not inside the sink. You always want a clean sink which you can use
- When you are done with the dishes, clean the sink using a water, dishwashing liquid and a scrub to remove oils, stains and food.
- It is also a good idea to use drain-ex once a week or couple of times a month, to clean the drains of excess dirt or scum.
- Thoroughly wash the sink and the tap with water and wipe the sink dry. You will have a clean sink after that.
Stove is the one part of the kitchen that is always dirty every time one cooks. From the splashes of oil, tomatoes, rice starch etc, it does tend to burn and get dirty. It is so important to have clean stove every time you begin to cook. Clean stove and a clean kitchen countertop will simply make you cook your meals with love and a fresh mind. It just takes one simple habit and that is to clean the stove every time you cook and not wait it out until it burns out.
- To clean the stove top in spray bottle, add 1 cup vinegar and some lemon juice with 2 cups of water and spray on the stove top.
- With dry towel clean the dust particles from the burner and spray the vinegar on this also.
- Allow the vinegar solution for some time, with a cloth wipe of everything on the stove and you can see the dirt easily coming out.
- After you wipe it out with a wet towel give final clean dry them with a normal towel.
- You can also use a dishwashing liquid soak and a scrub to clean if your stove top is not very dirty. It will do a fine job for an everyday solution.
Do you often leave your Utensils unwashed in the sink simply for the lack of time? Well, we all do, but there are a few things when you put to practice will help cleaning them easier. Here are a few tips that can help you.
- If you have very few dishes, then a great idea would be to soak the dishes in water inside the sink itself along with some dishwashing liquid.
- If the dishes are greasy, then use warm water and rinse them and keep aside.
- You can always have a clean sink, if you wash the dishes and the utensils you cooked even soon after they are used. rinsing and keeping them aside or loading the rinsed dishes into the dishwasher right away will save you a lot of time and effort later. Scrubbing dishes is no fun, isn't it?
- If the stains are very thick you can take half a lemon, and rub the utensils with it and you will find the dirt coming off. You will also get a good shine because of the lemon and after this rinse them through running water and let them dry.
Blender jar! A jar which gets used for pureeing, grinding, whisking and a whole lot more. And a lot of times, there are stains, food smells and also food that gets stuck closer to the blades. And there are ways to ensure all of this is taken care of with our handy tips.
- The easy way is to fill half of the Blender with water and add few drops of the dish washer. Close the lid and give it a good blend. Voila, the area near the blades and the insides will get cleaned and the smell will go away too.
- You can also add some warm water to remove the food stains and odor. Warm water works wonders all the time.
- Pour the soap water out and add some more clean water give it a blend. Once done, rinse well to remove the soak and you will have a clean blender.