Punjabi Style Tinda Sabzi Recipe
Punjabi Style Tinda Sabzi is a flavourful side dish perfect for a quick weekday lunch. If you are bored of your everyday Tinda Sabzi, do give this one a try!
Punjabi Style Tinda Sabzi is a flavourful sabzi, perfect for a quick weekday lunch. The humble tinda when flavoured with garam masala and other spices is sure to win over the most ardent Tinda skeptics. Quick and easy Tinda sabzi along with Chapati makes for a delicious lunch box meal.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Dry Vegetable Recipes such as
- 8 Tinda (Apple Gourd) , peeled, sliced and hard seeds removed
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Tomato , paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder , (or as required)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Punjabi Style Tinda Sabzi Recipe
To begin making the Punjabi Style Tinda Sabzi, first heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
Add the cumin seeds and once they splutter add the garlic, onion and saute till the onion turns translucent.
Once done add the chopped tomato, tinde, tomato paste, asafoetida, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and stir.
Cook covered till the vegetable becomes soft, stirring once or twice. Add little water if required.
When the vegetables are nearly cooked sprinkle cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala on the sabzi and stir. Cook for about 2 minutes and then turn off the heat.
Transfer Punjabi Style Tinda Sabzi and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.