Kerala Style Egg Roast Curry Recipe
Kerala Style Egg Roast Curry Recipe is a delicious spicy preparation of the eggs in a delicious onion and tomato based gravy. At home we serve it along with steamed appams and is one of the most popular breakfast dishes in Kerala. You can also have this Kerala Style Egg Roast Curry Recipe along with steamed rice for lunch or dinner and is sure to be a hit among family and friends. Enjoy!
Here are a few more Kerala cuisine recipes
- 2 Whole Eggs , boiled and quartered or halved
- 2 Onions , finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder , (adjust)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 Stalk Coriander leaves (Dhania) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil , (or any cooking oil)
- Salt , to taste
Directions for Kerala Style Egg Roast Curry Recipe
To begin making the Kerala Style Egg Roast Curry Recipe, heat oil in a Kadai and add chopped ginger, garlic, onions and curry leaves. Turn the heat to medium and saute until onions turn golden brown and tender.
When onions have browned well, add garam masala, pepper, chilli, coriander and turmeric powders and saute till you get a roasted aroma of the condiments.
Now add chopped tomato and salt. Simmer for a few minutes until the tomato begins to boil.
At this stage, add the 1/4 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. When the gravy starts boiling, turn the flame to low, add boiled eggs.
Cover the pan and simmer the egg roast for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, add in the chopped coriander leaves and give the mixture a gentle stir so the eggs does not crumble.
Donna is an avid cook and like many others, discovered her love for cooking after marriage. She experiments with various cuisines from around the world with Indian cuisine at its heart. Being a Keralite, the majority of her recipes are from Kerala (South Indian). She strongly believe in "Cooking made easy".