Goan Sorak Curry Recipe
Goan Sorak Curry is a Goan style soup like curry made with sauteed onions, coconut milk, kashmiri red chillies and few more spices.
Goan Sorak Curry is a Goan style soup like curry made with sauteed onions, coconut milk, kashmiri red chillies and few more spices. It is specially made during monsoons when fresh fish is less in number in Goa. This curry tastes great with rice. It is easy to make and is perfect for your weekday meals.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Goan recipes such as
Masala to grind
- 1 cup Fresh coconut , grated
- 6 Kashmiri dry red chilli
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 2 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Water , as required Other ingredients
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 6 Kokum (Malabar Tamarind)
- 2 Green Chillies , slit
- 1 teaspoon Jaggery
- Salt , to taste
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
How to make Goan Sorak Curry Recipe
To begin making the Goan Sorak Curry recipe, in a mixer jar take all the ingredients mentioned under Masala to grind. Add a little water and grind to a very smooth paste. Keep it aside.
Next, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Once it's hot, add the ground masala and slit green chilli into it. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame.
Later add water, salt to taste, jaggery and kokum. Mix well and allow the curry to simmer for few mins till it starts bubbling.
Switch off the gas. Garnish with coriander leaves.