Kala Chana Masala Curry Recipe
Kala Chana Masala is a perfect combination of black chana and spicy flavours. You can also serve it on its own as a salad or can serve it as a side dish along with your meal. It makes a good lunch box recipe too. It is spicy and very easy to make.
If you like this recipe, you can also try Dry Vegetable recipes such as
- 2 cups Kala Chana (Brown Chickpeas) , soaked overnight
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 2 Tomato , chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
- Salt , as required
- Water , as required
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 3/4 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make Kala Chana Masala Curry Recipe
To begin making the Kala Chana Masala recipe, firstly boil the soaked black chickpeas in a pressure cooker until the cooker release at least 3 whistles. When they are soft, drain the water and keep them aside.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and hing. Let the mustard seeds crackle.
Once it is done, add the tomatoes and green chillies and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile mix the whole wheat flour properly with 3 tablespoons water. Keep it aside.
Add the black chickpeas in the pan. Next, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and the whole wheat flour mixture.
Mix everything properly and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Once done add the lemon juice and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.