Thai Style Tofu & Peanut Noodles
A nutty flavoured noodles tossed in with crunchy vegetables and spiced up with sriracha sauce.
If you are looking for a one pot noodles that can be made in a jiffy, then we have the right recipe that has great asian flavours.The flat rice noodles are tossed along with roasted vegetables, roasted peanuts and a spicy Sriracha sauce. The noodles becomes the perfect dish to try it out during a sunday supper with your loved ones.
If you are looking for more noodles recipes here are some:
- 300 grams Rice Noodles (Flat)
- 2 Carrot (Gajjar) , cut into thin stripes
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , cut into thin stripes
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , cut into thin stripes
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , chopped
- 100 grams Tofu , crumbled For the Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder For garnish
- 2 tablespoon Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali) , coarsely pounded
- 3 Stalks Spring Onion Greens , chopped
How to make Thai Style Tofu & Peanut Noodles
To begin making the Tofu & Peanut Noodles, boil the noodles in a saucepan filled with water. Boil until the the noodles are just cooked.
Strain the water and wash the noodles over a running tap water to stop the cooking process.
Drizzle some oil and coat the noodles so that it does not stick to each other.
In a bowl add all the ingredients mentioned in the list to make the sauce. Mix well until it combines.
Heat a kadai with oil, add the ginger and garlic, saute till it softens. Add sliced onions, fry till the onions turn translucent.
Add the bell peppers and carrots and saute till they are cooked. Make sure they are not completely roasted.
Add the crumbled tofu and the mixed sauce and give it a stir. At this point add the cooked noodles and toss well to coat the sauce evenly over the noodles. Check for seasonings.
Serve the tossed noodles in a bowl and top it up with pound peanuts and spring onions.