Vegetable Casserole Recipe
Filled with goodness of a lot vegetables and cheese that is oven baked till the cheese is melted.
Vegetable Casserole is an easy to cook recipe filled with goodness of a lot vegetables and cheese. It can be served on its own for lunch or dinner. This is a perfect recipe to make when you have leftover vegetables in your fridge.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Italian recipes such as :
- Baked Vegetables In Casserole Recipe
- Sweet Potato Gratin With Fresh Herbs Recipe
- Scalloped Potatoes With Baked Eggs & Corns Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 to 5 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Celery , chopped
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green beans (French Beans) , chopped
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 5 Baby corn , chopped
- 3/4 cup Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , boiled
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak) , roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Herbs (Dried)
- Salt , to taste
- 3 Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Butter , melted
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Fresh cream
How to make Vegetable Casserole Recipe
To begin making the Vegetable Casserole recipe, preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add finely chopped garlic and then celery. Next, add the chopped onions and saute them for a few seconds.
Add all the vegetables one by one except spinach. Let them cook for 2 minutes.
Now add salt, chilli flakes and pizza seasoning. Cover the lid and let it cook for for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
Take another mixing bowl add bread crumbs, melted butter and grated cheddar cheese and mix it properly.
Once the vegetable are mildly soft, add roughly chopped spinach and tomato puree and let it cook for a minute and then add fresh cream.
In a baking dish, take out cooked vegetables and spread them properly and above that add the layer of brown bread crumb mix which we have prepared.
Keep the baking dish in over for 15 to 20 minutes in an oven and let it cook.
After 15 to 20 minutes, take out the baking dish and your Vegetable Casserole is ready to serve.