Guilt-free Amaranth, Dates and Almond Ladoo Recipe
Guilt-free Amaranth, Dates and Almond Ladoo Recipe, is a delicious and healthy snack which you can give to your kids as well. They are easy to make and take only 3 ingredients.
Guilt-free Amaranth, Dates and Almond Ladoo Recipe is nothing like the traditional recipe. First, it has only 3 main ingredients: amaranth, dates and almonds. Second, it is soft and sticky thanks to the dates, which also naturally sweeten it, removing the need to add sugar completely.
The amaranth or rajgira gives it a little bit of bite and the almonds add a crunch. Apart from that this is a great, quick and easy recipe to make and store these energy balls at home. They make good desserts, especially for those who cannot consume much sugar, or even to include them in children’s snack box.
Here are some other Healthy Energy-high bars and balls for you to try for your family
- The dates in this recipe eliminate the need for refined sugar, but add quite a bit of natural sweetness to the ladoos. If you want the laddoos to be less sweet, reduce the amount of dates in the recipe.
- You can cook the amaranth for longer, if you desire a softer, well cooked texture.
- You can easily replace coconut oil with ghee/olive oil depending on the flavours you prefer.
- Other flavour pairings that you could try are vanilla or cinnamon instead of cardamom.
- If you like chocolate, feel free to add a spoonful of unsweetened cocoa into the laddoo too.
- 1/2 cup Amaranth Seeds (Rajgira)
- 1/2 cup Dates , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 pinch Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 8 Whole Almonds (Badam) , coarsely chopped
- 10 Whole Almonds (Badam) , powdered
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
How to make Guilt-free Amaranth, Dates and Almond Ladoo Recipe
To begin making the Guilt-free Amaranth, Dates and Almond Ladoo, add 1/2 cup amaranth to 1-1/2 cups of water in a saucepan and place it on a medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and allow it simmer for 7-10 minutes.
When the amaranth has absorbed a little bit of water and looks slightly cooked, add the finely chopped dates to it and continue to cook, covered, for another 5 minutes. At this stage, you can add more water if required.
When the amaranth is fully cooked it should be soft to touch. At this stage, add cardamom powder and oil and cook it further on a medium heat until everything comes together and most of the water has dried up.
Add the chopped and powdered almonds; mix well and turn off the heat. Set the saucepan aside and allow the mixture cool down completely.
Now, to make the energy balls, grease your palms with a little bit of oil, pinch off small bits of the sweet amaranth mixture, roll it between your palms to make little balls.
It’ll be very soft and sticky so take care while handling it. Decorate them with small pieces of almonds and lay them out in a platter or store in an airtight box.
You can serve the Amaranth, Dates and Almond Ladoo right away or let them chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours for all the flavors to develop well.