Mushroom Manchurian Gravy Recipe
Mushroom Manchurian is a delicious and easy to make gravy with button mushrooms minced and spiced with the flavours of Indo Chinese cuisine and dunked in a soy sauce gravy and topped with freshly chopped spring onions
Manchurian Mushroom recipe is well known to the Indo-Chinese food lovers that can be prepared on special occasions or over the weekends. A traditional twist to Chinese gravy dishes, cooked not only with button mushroom but little cabbage and scallions are also added to enhance a neutral meaty flavor.
Nutritionally, mushrooms are rich in essential trace minerals and protein. Mushroom are one of the major sources of Vitamin D making it essential to include in our diets.
If you like this recipe of Mushroom Manchurian Gravy, here are a few more Asian Gravy Gravy Recipes.
- 200 grams Button mushrooms , chopped
- 100 grams Oyster Mushrooms , chopped
- 1/2 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons Sweet and Spicy Red Chilli Sauce (Tomato Chilli Sauce)
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Chilli , paste
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Sunflower Oil , to fry For the Gravy:
- 5 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 2 inch Ginger , chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , chopped
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable stock , or water
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- 2 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Ketchup
- 2 teaspoon Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , chopped
- Salt , as per your taste
How to make Mushroom Manchurian Gravy Recipe
To make Mushroom Manchurian Gravy recipe, firstly wash all the vegetables then follow the cutting methods for the prep. Also measure the dry ingredients and sauces in small bowls.
In a medium sized bowl, add mushrooms, cabbage, onion and salt. Rest for ten minutes and then squeeze out the water using your hands.
Now add the rest of the ingredients - scallion, soy sauce, ketchup, green chilli paste, vinegar and pepper.
Toss well and check for salt & seasoning according to your taste
In the same bowl, add the dry ingredients - All purpose flour, corn flour and chilli powder with the mushroom mix and rest for 10 minutes.
Take a portion of the mushroom mix and make firm balls with the mixture.
Meanwhile heat a wok on medium flame with oil
Add the mushroom balls for frying 2-3 minutes for each batch and set aside on paper towel to drain off excess oil.
In a small bowl add corn flour and vegetable stock/ water, soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Mix well.
In a pan, add 2 teaspoons of cooking oil and heat it up.
Once the oil is hot, add the chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and onions for one minute.
Add the corn flour mixture, and let it be on low- medium heat. When the mixture begin to bubble add the fried manchurian balls and turn off the flame.
After 5 minutes pour in a serving dish and garnish with chopped spring onions.