Here's a delicious Portion Control Meal Plate which includes Karnataka Style Kadle Kaalu Saru, Beetroot Poriyal, Matar Millet Pulao Recipe, Carrot And Cucumber Salad Recipe and Phulka.
Karnataka Style Kadle Kaalu Saru is a delicious South Indian Recipe which is made of Black Chickpeas. Black Chickpeas are rich in proteins therefore it is good to include them in our everyday diet. Along with it, we have served Beetroot Poriyal. Beetroot is high in Vitamin C, Fibre and Minerals, therefore it helps to fulfil the daily nutrition intake required for our body. Along with these two we have served Matar Millet Pulao, as it is rich in protein, zinc and magnesium level.
To complete the meal plate, we have Carrot And Cucumber Salad, Phulka and a bowl of Curd. So do try this nutritious meal at home and let us know how you liked it?
1. Karnataka Style Kadle Kaalu Saru Recipe
To make the Karnataka Style Kadle Kaalu Saru, all you have to do is to boil the chickpeas and ground the masala for the curry and mix them. The chickpea will provide you with enough protein for the body.
Here are more Gravy Recipes that you can make for your everyday meals:
- Dahi Bhindi Recipe (Okra in Yogurt Curry with Caramelized Onions)
- Spinach Paneer Kofta Curry Recipe
- Yeruvalli Kuzhambu Recipe (Tangy Coconut Curry with Vegetables)
To make the Beetroot Poriyal, Beetroot is simply steamed and seasoned with mustard leaves, curry leaves, asafoetida and coconut. Steaming them will be able to keep in their nutrition intact. Beetroot helps in improving the muscle power and keeps the blood pressure low.
Here are more Poriyal Recipes that you can make with your South Indian Meals:
- Carrot Poriyal Recipe (Steamed Carrot Stir Fry)
- Pavakkai Poriyal Recipe (Karela Ki Sabzi)
- Chow Chow Thoran (Poriyal) Recipe
The recipe calls for millet which is very essential to be part of your everyday lifestyle. As it contains good amount of protein, zinc and magnesium level.
Here are some more Millet Recipes such as:
- Foxtail Millet Upma Recipe
- Spinach And Millet Pulav Recipe
- Foxtail Millet Kheer Recipe (Millet Pudding With Saffron & Nuts)
4. Carrot And Cucumber Salad Recipe
A refreshing salad that is rightly paired with the meal which has all the essential vegetables needed to give you enough Vitamins into your diet. You can also try other Indian Salads such as:
- Kakdi Chi Koshimbir Recipe
- Maharashtrian Style Gajarachi Koshimbir Recipe (Carrot Salad Recipe)
- South Indian Kosambari Recipe With Raw Mango, Cucumber, Carrot
Phulkas also known as Roti or Chapati in some regions are a whole wheat soft and thin puffed flat bread. You can also make Tawa Paratha, Ragi Wheat Phulka or Pudina Tawa Paratha for this meal.
We have included curd in your daily diet, as it has many benefits such as it improves digestion, great source of calcium and helps you beat the scorching heat.
The curd can be accompanied with some freshly cut cucumber which can refresh you as you eat the meal.There are different types of raita that you can also pack along with your meal such as :