In this week's meal plate try the Manipuri style recipes which will bring a different flavour to your palate.Manipur is located near the eastern part India that shares the border with Burma. It is one of the seven states of the north eastern part of India which is called the "seven sisters". They lead a simple living and cook food that are locally available in their garden. Cooking with oil is very less when compared to other styles in India. They mainly consume ingredients that are fresh and grown in their households.. Since the vegetables are grown at home and the same is sold in their market, their cooking includes all seasonal vegetables only. They also consume a lot of leafy vegetables and add fresh herbs like chives in most of their dishes.
In this meal plate we have Alu Kangmet Recipe which is simply tossed mashed potatoes in roasted dry red chillies and salt (Rich in Carbs). Sana Thongpa Recipe, consists of paneer and green peas which is simmered in milk with the basic spice available (Rich in Protein) .Chana Kanghou Recipe a dry subzi made from black chickpeas (Rich in Fiber). Chak Angouba Recipe, cooked rice with vegetables and simple spice powders and accompanied with Tan Ngang Recipe, Bread which is fried and made with refined maida. flour.
The Meal Plate Consists of :
1. Manipuri Style Chana Kanghou Recipe (Kala Channa Dry Subzi Recipe)
A dry subzi made from black chickpeas.Less spice are used to create a satisfying side dish that goes really well with phulkas.
If you are looking for more Chana recipes here are some:
- Chola/ Chana Masala Recipe (North Indian Spiced Chickpea Curry)
- Himachali Chana Madra Recipe (Chickpeas In Yogurt Based Gravy)
- Peshawari Kala Chana Recipe
2. Manipuri Style Sana Thongpa Recipe (Paneer and Green Beans in Milk Gravy Recipe)
Dish consists of paneer and green peas which is simmered in milk with the basic spice available. But instead of peas we have substituted with green beans, you can include any vegetable of your choice.
3. Manipuri Style Alu Kangmet Recipe (Mashed Potato in dry red chillies Recipe)
Simply tossed mashed potatoes in roasted dry red chillies and salt. This dish has only three ingredients and is quick to make.
If you are looking for more Aloo recipes here are some:
- Aloo Gobi Ki Sabzi Recipe (Spicy Potato and Cauliflower Vegetable)
- Chole Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe (An Indian Street Food Snack)
- Aloo Baingan Ki Sabzi Recipe (Ringna Batata Nu Shaak)
4. Manipuri Style Chak Angouba Recipe (Vegetable Pulao Recipe)
The rice is mixed along with sauteed carrots, beans, and onions to create a wonderful tossed rice. The flavours are simple and yet delicious.
If you are looking for more Rice recipes here are some:
- Spinach Rice Recipe (Palak Pulao)
- Thakkali Sadam Recipe (Spicy Tomato Rice)
- Sakkarai Pongal Recipe (Sweetened Rice And Jaggery Pudding Recipe)
5. Manipuri Style Tan Ngang Recipe (Refined Flour/Maida Indian Puri Recipe)
A Manipuri style Bread which is fried and made with refined maida flour.This puri can be paired up with any kind of dry preparation as well as gravy dishes.