Breakfast is the most essential meal of the day. It is the first dish that kick starts your day with a happy start. On a day to day basis it is hard to decide on how to make your breakfast healthy and filling.Here we have come up with a Breakfast meal plate that will provide you with complete nutrition packed diet. This will help you decide to prepare your everyday breakfast without any hassle.
We have created a traditional Mangalorean Style Bella Metthe Dosa Recipe (Jaggery & Fenugreek Seed Pancakes Recipe) paired with a diabetic friendly Pudalangai Thogayal Recipe (Snake Gourd Chutney Recipe) .This dish forms a wholesome and a great meal as it contains coconut which is rich in fiber, jaggery which is considered as a medicinal sugar and a good source of Magnesium, maintains blood pressure. It also contains fenugreek seeds which is considered as a herbal remedy for reducing cholesterol. Snake gourd is a very good vegetable to be consumed as it is diabetic friendly. We have also added other accompaniments like fruits and a drink to make your diet nutritional. The additional accompaniments can be changed based on your choice.
1. Mangalorean Style Bella Metthe Dosa Recipe
A typical mangalorean breakfast recipe made by the “Christian Community” which has been passed down by many years. A slight variation to the dosa is by adding fenugreek seeds, jaggery and coconut.
If you are looking for more Breakfast Recipes here are some :
- Aloo Poha (Batata Poha ) Recipe
- Vegetable Rava Upma Recipe (Savory Semolina Breakfast Pudding)
- Oatmeal Dosa Recipe (Savoury Oatmeal Breakfast Crepes)
2. Pudalangai Thogayal Recipe (Snake Gourd Chutney Recipe)
A very simple side dish prepared from a long melon which is very famous to be used in most of the Dal preparation or Poriyals in Tamil Nadu. The chutney is sweet and has a little bit of tanginess to it. This can be paired with any of the breakfast dishes as a healthy accompaniment.
If you are looking for more homemade Chutney Ideas here are some :
- Dhaniya Pudina Chutney Recipe (Green Chutney)
- South Indian Coconut Chutney (For Idli's & Dosa's)
- Tomato Onion Chutney | Thakkali Vengayam Chutney
The Accompaniments that we have paired for this breakfast meal plate are :
- Cucumber (Rich In Potassium)
- Banana (Rich In Potassium)
3. Masala Chaas Recipe - Indian Spiced Buttermilk
A spiced buttermilk will help you to top it up all to make your breakfast complete. A freshly prepared buttermilk will help you refresh your palate and also helps to improve your digestion.