Maharashtrian Gopalkala Recipe (Curd Poha With Fruits)
Gopalkala is a prasad recipe that is specially made on Krishna Janmashtami. Give this recipe a try for this festival - all it takes is 10 minutes and is absolutely delicious.
Gopalkala is a beaten rice recipe mixed with curd, pomegranate and cucumber. Gopalkala is a prashad recipe that is specially made on Krishna Janmashtami. In Maharashtrian households, mothers make gopalkala with seasonal fruits to feed it to kids. This bean rice poha with fruits in curd, can be served for breakfast or as an afterschool snack.
Here are other poha recipes to try
- You can add chopped apples, guavas, grapes or any other fruit of your choice to this gopalkala.
- Tempering is optional. You can enjoy gopalkala even as a no cook dish.
- Avoid adding green chilies if serving to small kids.
- 1 cup Poha (Flattened rice)
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Cucumber , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh coconut , scraped
- 1/4 cup Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 5 Curry leaves , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
How to make Maharashtrian Gopalkala Recipe (Curd Poha With Fruits)
To prepare Gopalkala Recipe (Curd Poha With Fruits), wash the Poha under running water and allow to drain in a colander. (You can keep the colander on a fitting vessel.
In a big mixing bowl, take this drained Poha and mix with chopped cucumber, grated Coconut, pomegranate seeds, curd, salt and sugar.
Heat a tadka pan on medium heat and melt the ghee.
Add cumin seeds, curry leaves, peanuts and chopped green chilies.
Stir fry for a minute and pour this tempering over the Poha and mix well.
Served Gopalkala Recipe for breakfast or as an afterschool snack for kids or for breakfast.
Maharashtrian Gopalkala Recipe (Curd Poha With Fruits) is part of the Recipe Contest: Lost Recipes From Ancestral Kitchens
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana's Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.