Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry
Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry is a fragrant and spicy chicken curry made Assamese style, with kaffir lime and sesame seeds. Served best with some rice.
Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry is a North Eastern way of cooking chicken in simple spices, with addition of sesame seeds. The addition of Kaffir lime leaves gives it a wonderful fragrance. Kaffir lime leaves are highly aromatic and are a great addition to spicy soups and curries.
Here are a few more Assamese delicacies that you ought to try
- 800 grams Chicken , cut into pieces
- 3 Onions , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , crushed
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 8 tablespoons Sesame seeds (Til seeds) , ground to paste (6 tablespoons paste needed)
- 1 teaspoon Kaffir lime leaves , ground to paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Fresh Red chillies , ground to paste (Adjust quantity)
- 2 teaspoons Kaffir lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Mustard oil
- 1-1/2 cups Hot water
How to make Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry
To begin making Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry, heat mustard oil in a deep bottomed pan or wok.
Add the chopped onions and fry for 2 minutes add the ginger and garlic paste and stir fry over low heat until soft and starting to colour.
Add the chicken and fry for another 5 minutes. Then add turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt and sugar; mix well.
Now add sesame paste and chilli paste and fry well till combined.
Add hot water, mix and cover the pan with a lid and simmer till the chicken is cooked and sauce reduced.
Simmer until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce, enough to coat the back of the spoon and drip slowly.
Then add Kaffir lime leaves paste and juice. Give it a quick stir. Switch off the flame and cover the lid for a few minutes.
Assamese Sesame Kaffir Lime Chicken Curry is part of the North Eastern Recipe Contest