Goan Crab Masala Recipe (Goan Style Crab Curry)
When you crave for some delicious and spicy Crab masala then this is the best solution! If you are seafood lover like me then this masala will make you have them over and over again! This is one of my most favourite seafood gravy/masala since childhood!
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Crab recipes such as
- 5 Crabs , cleaned For masala
- 1 Onion , medium sized and long cut
- 4 Byadagi Dried Chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 2 Mace (Javitri)
- 1 Nutmeg , small piece
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Star anise
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 4 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 4 Whole Black Peppercorns
- Fresh coconut , fistful and grated
- Cooking oil , as required Additional
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 20 grams Tamarind
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- Salt , as required
How to make Goan Crab Masala Recipe (Goan Style Crab Curry)
To begin making the Goan Crab Masala recipe, first wash the crabs properly.
In a pan, add around 2 tablespoons of Oil and fry all the ingredients mentioned for Masala.
Fry on medium flame till coconut and onion turn brown and it leaves nice aroma. Let this cool off for some time.
When cooled grind it to a smooth paste. Add little water while grinding.In another pot, add crabs and chopped onion.
To this add little water, salt, malvani masala and turmeric powder. Let this cook till crabs change colour and cooked. Add the ground paste and stir and cook for some time. Add cilantro and serve hot.
Goan Crab Masala Recipe (Goan Style Crab Curry) is part of the Recipe Contest: Lost Recipes From Ancestral Kitchens
I am home cook.Never thought I would create recipes of my own and share with people and people would like it. I have tried and still trying lot of recipes,some traditional,some new.I make sure I keep sharing recipes that are loved by all. Please try my recipes and enjoy!