Roaming around in the supermarket, buying the freshest vegetables, lush green Broccoli catches my eye every time. Many times I get tempted to put this little tree in my shopping basket without even thinking what dish I have in mind. In turn motivating me to use broccoli in different ways and surprise the family members.
All the way from Italy, Broccoli was first perceived as a foreign exotic vegetable and has slowly become part of our regular kitchen grocery shopping list. Grilled, baked or roasted, it usually earns its significant position for your restaurant dishes as well. Broccoli is part of the cabbage family and its name comes from the Italian word "Broccolo", the flowering crest of cabbage plant. History reveals that broccoli was first cultivated about 2000 years ago in Europe and was brought to other countries by Italians.
Broccoli is a power packed vegetable that can also have a powerful taste to kids. Cooking this nutritious vegetable different ways, brings out different flavors and textures and kids enjoy eating it too.
Following are few of the many of the health benefits of Broccoli:
- Enriched with Calcium, Potassium, Vitamin A &C, Broccoli is one of the must have veggies for growing children.
- Prevents Arthritis and improves bone health.
- Prevents cancer.
- Improves blood pressure and kidney function.
- Boosts immune system health and has anti-aging properties.
- Enriched with antioxidants, broccoli has anti-aging properties and improves skin health as well.
We have 16 super yummy recipes that broccoli is the star of. Give them a try and watch your family eat broccoli in different ways!