A lot of us especially kids prefer sugary cereals over healthy oats for breakfast. For many nothing can be great as a warm cup of oats for your breakfast. You can cook them however you want, with some milk and make it as a porridge or make an idli out of oats. It is the one of the healthiest food that can keep the energy up and help you to carry your day with energy.
Oatmeal contains soluble protein that makes your stomach full and doesn’t make you crave for extra food. If you eat just a bowl of oats for a day you are benefited in many ways and helps you to generate good amount of energy.
Many of us stock our pantry with oats, but how many of you use it everyday or at least a couple of times a week? Porridge is not the only dish you can use oats in, but it can be used to make a whole of of recipes that you probably were not aware you can. Before we dive into the recipes, let’s look at the some of the health benefits so we can create enough reasons to consume oats on a regular basis.
Here are few health benefits of oats which have been proved right and this is why we should make it a habit to consume oats regularly.
- Helps to reduce cholesterol level – Oats which is high in fiber helps to reduce cholesterol, these fiber absorbs Low density lipoprotein which is a bad cholesterol. If the LDL is high, it may make the arteries to harden and may cause problem. As the LDL is absorbed cholesterol level goes down
- Prevents Diabetics – Oats contain complex carb and beta-glucans which doesn’t allow sugar to be absorbed. The fiber in oats improves the metabolism of glucose. This helps to reduce the sugar level in the body. It is also proved that type 2 diabetics is cured more.
- Helps for Obesity - Oats is low in calories but due to the good fiber content it makes you feel full and you don’t feel hungry that soon. This leads you to shed few pounds. Good amount of water is also absorbed which slows down the digestion process.
- Improves immune system – Beta – Glucan the soluble fiber which is present in oats helps to improve the immune system. It helps to fight the bacteria and parasites present in your body. It eliminates the bacteria and helps in the healing process as well.
- Prevents Constipation – The bowl movement is cleared on consumption of oats on a regular basis. It is high in soluble and insoluble fiber which regulates your digestion. Thus oats prevent from constipation problem.
- Protects Skin – Oats can be used to cure any skin disease. They can be applied on skin to reduce any allergy on the skin. Acne, Dermatitis can be cured by applying oats.
- Controls Hypertension – Oats that is unsalted is a good option for people who go through hyper tension. If you consume a bowl of oats every day, the high blood pressure is managed and you will be free from hyper tension.
- Protects from heart diseases – The unique antioxidant present in oats prevents you from getting any kind of heart disease. Thus your cholesterol level is reduced as Bad cholesterol is absorbed and your heart
You can consume oats in different form and through different recipes. Here are few recipes where oats is used, enjoy the recipes and try them at your home.
Oat Recipes For Breakfast
Oat Recipes For Snack
Oat Recipes For Meals