Eggs are the go to breakfast in most of the families all around the world. There are so many dishes that you can make using eggs with other day-to-day ingredients. From boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, omelets to curries, there are a variety of dishes which you can cook for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Egg is a good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. In addition eggs help to increase the performance, provides, can help to promote weight loss, good for eyes, protects our brains and even promotes healthy hair and nails.
Here are some of the important things you should know about eggs:
- There is absolute no difference between brown eggs and white eggs. It’s just a myth that Brown egg is healthier than the White egg. The colour of the egg depends upon the breed of the chicken.
- The yolk and egg white of a fresh egg is tighter than an older or stale egg.
- If you want to find out that an egg is an old one or not. There is a simple trick to find it out. Just sink an egg in a bowl filled with water. If the egg stands straight in the water it’s a stale one and if it drowns than it is a fresh one.
- Egg white is the cleanest protein for your body if you compare it with other proteins like Chicken breast.
- If you want to make a perfect poached egg, you should always go for a fresh egg that has tighter yolk and egg white.
- Packaged date of the eggs is not the best way to find out the freshness of the eggs. To find it, always go for the ‘dip in the water’ trick.
- It is the most important binding agent in baking.
- Egg white from one egg gives you at least 5 to 6 grams of protein.
We have lined up a few egg recipes for you which you can cook in your kitchen with day to day ingredients: