Comfort food is something we all love. Be it specific to our cuisine like dal chawal, mac and cheese, or just simple thayir sadam. This one is one such meal, kottayam fish curry rice, served with matta rice, a side of pumpkin erissery, moru kachiyathu, condiments like salt and pickle and not to forget the sweet dish of chemba arisi payasam.
There's nothing to love in this meal, each of these dish have distinct flavours and textures of their own.
The meal is packed with nutrients, with the healthy fillet of seer fish, fiber rich matta rice, even the payasam for that matter is made using red rice, coconut milk and sweetened with jaggery.
It's great to serve this meal when you have family and friends over. You can choose to make the meal vegetarian if you choose to.
The joy of serving this traditional meal cooked with so much love on a banana leaf, and eating that meal with hands, leaving you licking your fingers and as=bsolutely satisfied, are those little joys in life, that one shouldn't miss out on.
Above all, it's the food that brings you together, and the family bonds over it.
A lip smacking seet fish curry made South Indian style inspired by the coastal cuisine of Kerala.
This Meen Vevichathu Recipe will simply leave you licking your fingers.
Try our other Fish curry Recipes:
- Kerala style Fish Curry Recipe
- Nadan Meen Kari Recipe (Kerala Style Fish Curry)
- Neymeen Vatti Pattichathu Recipe (Seer Fish with Spicy Masala)
A delicious stir fry of pumpkin in a simple coconut spice mix with crispy curry leaves.
This Pumpkin Erissery is a healthy dish, packed with nutrients.
Try our other dry sabzis:
- Snake Gourd Thoran Recipe (Turai Thoran)
- Chenakayi Erissery Recipe (Yam Erissery)
- Kerala Style Kappa Ulathiyathu Recipe (Tapioca Stir Fry Recipe)
A simple butter milk curry, with a tadka of curry leaves, mustard seeds that adds a different dimension to the recipe.
Served best with some piping hot steamed rice.
Try our other curry recipes:
- Kerala Kadala Curry Recipe (Spicy Chickpeas in Coconut Curry)
- Kerala Style Vendakkai Uppadan Recipe (Okra Curry Without Coconut Recipe)
- Kerala Style Ulli Theeyal Recipe (Small Onions Roasted in Spicy Tamarind Coconut Gravy)
A classic portion of carbohydrates in this Kerala, South Indian inspired meal , is the red rice, also known as matta rice.
Other Rice recipes that can be served with this meal are:
A sweet ending to this traditional meal, has to be an authentic payasam.
Made with a combination of red rice and coconut milk, this Chemba Arisi Thengai Paal Payasam Recipe is absolutely delicious.
Try our other payasam recipes:
- Kuzhal Payasam Recipe- Wheat Noodles Payasam
- Kerala Style Chakka Varattiyathu Ari Payasam Recipe - Jackfruit Brown Rice Kheer
- Ada Pradhaman Recipe With Homemade Ada- Kerala Special Payasam Recipe
To up the heat on this meal plate is this spicy tangy pickle made using tomatoes and spices.
Try our other pickle recipes:
- Ennai Mangai Oorugai Recipe
- Vepilakatti | Lime Leaves Pickle Recipe
- Malabar Style Dates Pickle Recipe