Achari Chole Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe
This Achari Chole Aloo Tikki Chaat will make you and your family wanting for more. The Achari Aloo Tikki topped with chatpata chole along with the green chutney and meethi chutney and onions makes a delicious sunday evening snack or even as an appetizer for parties.In association with Nutralite
The Chole Aloo Tikki Chaat is a simple recipe of the popular street food of india. The Aloo Tikkis in this recipe have been baked to make them healthy and clean. The addition of sweet potatoes in the tikki has made them more nutritious too.
The aromatic taste emanating from the chola, the chutneys and the pungent onion, along with that crispy sev on the top makes it an all time favorite indian street chaat.
Serve this delicious Chole Aloo Tikki Chaat for the diwali party, as an evening snack or even weeknight dinner with family and friends.
If you like Indian Street Food Recipes, you must try some of the favorites like :
Ingredients for Chana Masala
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked for 8 hours
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , pureed
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 teaspoon Nutralite Classic Spread Chana Masala Spice Mix
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pomegranate powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak) Main Ingredients to Make Chole Tikki Chaat
- 1 cup Green Chutney (Coriander & Mint)
- 1 cup Sweet Chutney (Date & Tamarind)
- 3 Onions , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon Sev , for garnishing and crunch Ingredients For Achari Aloo tikkis
- 3 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and peeled
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- Salt , to taste
- Nutralite Achari Mayo , as needed for each tikki
- 3/4 cup Bread crumbs
- Nutralite Garlic & Oregano Spread , for cooking
How to make Achari Chole Aloo Tikki Chaat RecipeTo make the Chana Masala
To begin making the Chole Aloo Tikki Chaat Recipe,we will first soak the Chola completely immersed in water for about 8 to 10 hours. After the soaking period, cook the Chola along salt and with its soaked water, adding additional water if required. Cook until it is soft and tender.
You will know it's cooked right, when you press the Chola between your fingers it will mash easily. Keep the cooked Chola aside.
Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan. Add the cumin, ginger and bay leaves and stir-fry for a few seconds till you can smell the aromas coming through.
Stir in the tomato puree and the spice ingredients and saute until the color changes to a dark brown color. The anardana powder, along with the black pepper and the dry mango powder will help in getting the desired brown color for the chana masala.
Once browned, add in the cooked chickpeas into the masala and stir all the masala well into the chickpeas so that it coats it well. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste. Cover the pan, turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until the Chola gets well coated with the masala and looks brown as well.
Cover the pan, turn the heat to low and simmer the Chana Masala for about 30 minutes until the chana gets well coated with the masala and has attained an outer brown coating. Give the Chana Masala a final taste. Keep it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mash in both the boiled regular potatoes and sweet potatoes. Add the ginger, green chillies, onion, chilli powder, garam masala powder, some salt to taste and finally a tablespoon of corn flour binding.
Mix all the ingredients well and shape them into circular discs of desired sizes (about 1-1/2 inch diameter).
Before shaping the Aloo Tikki discs, flatten each portion of the Aloo Tikki, drop a little Nutralite Achari Mayo into the centre and then close the Tikki and you have your Achari Aloo Tikki right there.
Dust the Ahari Aloo tikki in breadcrumbs. Preheat a tawa and pan fry these tikki's with little Nutralite Garlic & Oregano Spread until they are browned and crisp on both sides.
Place the Achari Aloo tikki on a platter. Add some hot chana masala on top of the hot tikkis. Sprinkle some green chillies, some finely chopped onions, add a spoon of green mint chutney over each of the tikkis, then some date tamarind chutney over it.
To serve the Achari Aloo Tikki Chaat - sprinkle some more onions, some chopped coriander leaves and finally some sev and serve as an evening snack or even weeknight dinner with family and friends.
Archana Doshi is the founder of Archana's Kitchen. Archana launched Archana's Kitchen in 2007 as a way to keep track of her and family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. Archana is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Archana says "I hope you enjoy cooking recipes from my website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to me"