Achari Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe
Achari Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe is a dry sabzi made with pumpkin and cooked along with achari masala that has a delicious, spicy achari flavour. Serve along with hot phulkas and dal for a completely satisfying meal.
Achari Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe is a dry sabzi made with pickle masala that has the slight flavor of tanginess and strong flavor of spices. Pumpkin is a vegetable that is filled with lots of nutrients, as it has good amount of water content present in the vegetable. It is good for reducing cholesterol as well. The sabzi can be made any busy day to pack it for your lunch or just simply have it for dinner.
If you are looking for more Sabzi recipes here are some :
- 500 grams Kaddu (Parangikai/ Pumpkin) , cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 Green Chillies , slit
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Cooking oil
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Punjabi style mango pickle , use only the masala and not the pieces
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make Achari Kaddu Ki Sabzi Recipe
To begin making the Achari Kaddu Ki Sabzi, combine the pumpkin along with 1.4 cup of water and salt and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
Turn off the flame. Drain the remaining water and transfer the pumpkin into a bowl.
Heat a skillet with oil on medium flame, add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, onion seeds and cumin seeds, allow them to sizzle.
Add a pinch of asafoetida, then add the ginger, garlic and green chilli and saute for few seconds
Sprinkle some salt, and add the other masalas- red chilli powder, amchur powder, turmeric powder and garam masala.
Add in only the masala/gravy from the Punjabi pickle.
Finally add in the cooked pumpkin cubes, coriander leaves and give Achari Kaddu Ki Sabzi a good stir.
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana's Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.