Ada Pradhaman Recipe With Homemade Ada- Kerala Special Payasam Recipe
Ada Pradhaman Recipe With Homemade Ada is a special payasam made on festivals days with rice, jaggery and coconut during special occasions in Kerala.
Ada Pradhaman Recipe With Homemade Ada is a special payasam made on festivals days with rice, jaggery and coconut during special occasions in Kerala. Instead of rice Ada/ rice flakes, I have made this dish using rice flour. Though the 'Ada' made from rice flour is available ready-made in shops, it can be easily made at home from scratch.
As you spoon in the deliciously sweet semi-liquid, the chewy "Ada" in every spoon gives a unique experience as a wholesome dessert. This dessert can be served both hot and chilled.
Serve Ada Pradhaman Recipe, as part of an Onam Sadhya.
Get more of our Kerala Cuisine Recipes here
- Instead of rice flour, you can soak raw rice for 1 hour, drain and grind it to a smooth paste using very little water. Drain the excess water and follow steaming method mentioned above to make ada.
- The Ada Pradaman With Homemade Ada will thicken a little after cooling. You can top it up with milk/coconut milk accordingly.
- 3/4 cup Jaggery , powdered
- 1 cup Coconut milk , thick one, (extracted from 1 coconut)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds , powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon Ghee Ingredients For Ada
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- Salt , a pinch
- 1 Banana leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Sunflower Oil , for greasing Ingredients To Garnish
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup Fresh coconut , finely chopped or thinly sliced coconut pieces
- 10 Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
How to make Ada Pradhaman Recipe With Homemade Ada- Kerala Special Payasam Recipe
To prepare Ada Pradhaman Recipe With Homemade Ada, let us first make the ada.
To make homemade rice ada, in a mixing bowl, combine rice flour with a pinch of salt in a bowl and pour boiling hot water into the flour and combine it to make a dough using a spoon/spatula.
Preheat a steamer, to steam the adas.
Grease a banana leaf with oil and spread the rice dough into a thin layer on half of the banana leaf.
Close the ada using the other side of the banana leaf.
Steam cook this for 10-15 minutes.
Once cool, remove the ada from the leaf and cut into smaller pieces to look flaky.
To proceed with payasam recipe, heat a pan with ghee on low flame add the cashews, coconut, and raisins till they are golden. Turn off the flame and set aside.
Heat a saucepan, on medium heat, add jaggery with 3/4 cup of water, heat till the jaggery dissolves, once it is well dissolved, turn off the flame. Pass the jaggery syrup through a strainer and set aside.
Heat another saucepan, add chopped ada , and dry roast the ada for 2-3 minutes, now add the jaggery syrup to it.
Let the ada cook in jaggery water over low flame for 7-8 minutes or until the aggery syrup thickens.
At this stage add the cardamom powder, coconut milk and turn off the flame. Make sure not to cook after adding coconut milk.
Garnish with the fried cashews, coconut, and raisins.
Your delicious Ada Pradhaman Recipe With Homemade Ada is ready to be served during the festive lunch!