Allam Pachadi | Ginger Chutney Recipe
Ginger has forever been known for its ailing properties and how it is a great aid for digestion. This Allam Pachadi recipe is not only tasty but is also very easy to prepare.
Allam Pachadi makes best accompaniment to Pesarattu, although it can be served with any other kind of dosa too. Traditionally, the reason it features with Pesarattu is because it makes digesting of green moong dal easier.
Other chutney recipes you can try are:
- 40 Grams Ginger , peeled and roughly chopped
- 40 grams Jaggery
- 30 grams Tamarind , soaked and pulp extracted
- 2 teaspoons White Urad Dal (Split) , +1/2 teaspoon for tadka
- 1/2 teaspoon Kala jeera
- 1/4 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 2-3 Dry Red Chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 6-7 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/8 teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds) , optional
- pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- Curry leaves , few
- Oil , as needed
How to make Allam Pachadi | Ginger Chutney Recipe
To begin the preparation of Allam Pachadi, add oil in a small pan, and add jeera, pepper, methi seeds, red chilli and urad dal and roast until Fragrant and colour changes.
Add this in a blender along with ginger, jaggery, tamarind pulp, salt and 1 tablespoon of water and blend this till it achieves a smooth texture and dish it out into a bowl.
Now add some oil in the same pan and make a tadka with mustard, hing, curry leaves and red chillies and spoon it on top of the chutney.
Serve the Allam Pachadi with Pesarattu!