Almond Meal Muffins Recipe (Gluten Free and Grain Free)
The Almond Meal Muffins Recipe is a simple, wholesome tea time cake which even the kids will enjoy. The cake is made from blanched almond flour, that is also known as Almond Meal. The main ingredient in this flour is prepared by grinding skin-removed almonds. Almond Flour is a wonderful alternative for wheat when you do baking recipes. The Almond Flour/Meal flour is gluten-free, low in carbohydrates and has the complete goodness of almonds.
The Almond Meal Muffins are very easy and quick to prepare. They are like “grab and go” breakfast recipes, which you can make ahead of time. Pack them into a school snack box or serve it along with your afternoon masala chai, these are simply delicious.
Other recipes that you can try are:
- Breakfast Oatmeal Raisin Muffin Recipe (with Eggless Option)
- Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- Whole Wheat Apple Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup Almond Meal (Badam Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds , or flax seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder (Dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Blueberries , or any locally available berry
- 1/4 cup Fresh raspberries , or any locally available berry
- 1/4 cup Milk , almond milk for vegans
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil , or almond oil
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Whole Eggs , beaten to a pale color
- Flaxmeal Egg Replacer , instead of eggs for vegan baking
How to make Almond Meal Muffins Recipe (Gluten Free and Grain Free)
To start making Almond Meal Muffins, preheat your oven to 350'F (180 C).
If you plan to make this recipe eggless (egg free) then prepare the Flax meal Egg Replacer and keep it aside.
Grease your 6 cup muffin tins with some coconut oil or butter or nonstick spray and set aside (use paper liners if you need).
In a food processor jar, add whole milk (or almond milk), coconut oil, honey, and vanilla extract and blend until it is smooth.
To the above mixture, add blanched almond flour (meal), chia seeds (or flax seeds), powdered cinnamon, baking soda, salt to the milk mixture and pulse long enough to combine everything together.
Add beaten eggs (or the Flax meal Egg Replacer) to this mixture and pulse until it is well incorporated (please do not over mix).
Pour the muffin batter to fill 1/3rd of each greased muffin cup. Add few berries and evenly divide the remaining batter among the muffin cups and top with additional berries.
Bake the Almond Meal Muffins for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick when pricked in middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Cool the Almond Meal Muffins in the tray for 5 minutes. Run through a knife on the sides of each cup and invert them over a plate and serve.
Pack Almond Meal Muffins into a school snack box or serve it along with your afternoon masala chai, these are simply delicious.