Aloo Chana In Mint Coriander Gravy Recipe
Aloo Chana in Mint Coriander Gravy is a delicious gravy recipe prepared with potatoes and chickpeas flavored with mint and coriander leaves. The freshness of mint and coriander in the gravy adds a refreshing taste to this dish. Serve Aloo Channa in Mint Coriander Gravy for lunch along with Aromatic Vegetable Pulao Recipe or phulkas.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other similar recipes
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight and cooked until soft
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and cubed
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal) , boiled still soft
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- Salt , to taste Ingredients for gravy
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut , grated
- 3 Green Chillies , (reserve 1/2 chili for garnish)
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina) Ingredients For Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 2 teaspoons Oil
How to make Aloo Chana In Mint Coriander Gravy Recipe
To prepare Aloo Channa in Mint Coriander Gravy, take 1/2 cup of cooked channa and grind it coarsely in a mixer and keep it aside. Mix remaining half cup chana with chana dal and reserve.
Grind all the ingredients for gravy into a smooth paste and keep aside.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add all the seasoning ingredients and saute for about a minute.
Add chopped onions and saute them on low heat until they turn soft. Stir in the ginger, garlic, capsicum and cook until tender, make sure that you don't overcook it. (Reserve a few slices of onions for garnish)
Add in the cooked chana, dal and potatoes and saute it for about 4 to 5 minutes. Pour the ground channa, the ground gravy paste, salt, turmeric powder and stir them slowly on medium flame, untill all ingredients are well combined.
Add about 1/2 cup of water (use the water left over from cooking the chickpeas too) and simmer for about 10 minutes.Finally add the lemon juice and remove from heat and serve warm with