No Onion No Garlic Aloo Gajar Ki Sabzi Recipe
Aloo Gajar ki Sabzi recipe is an effortless dry sabzi prepared with Potatoes and Carrots. The recipe doesn’t call for onion or garlic and thus making it perfect for a fasting day. This is such a versatile one as it can be stuffed inside chapatti or simply served with dal-rice. The colors of Potato and Carrot are complementary and loaded with the required carbohydrates for a day. At the end of the day, who wouldn’t love potatoes?
Note: If you are making this vegetable during the fast, then avoid using regular salt and use kala namak or black salt in the cooking. Regular salt is not used during a fast.
If you like No Onion No Garlic Recipes, then you must try some of our favorites like
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and diced
- 2 Carrots (Gajjar) , diced and steamed
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 inch Ginger , grated finely
- 3 Green Chillies , slit or finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- Salt , to taste or kala namak (for fasting)
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , handful for garnish, chopped
How to make No Onion No Garlic Aloo Gajar Ki Sabzi Recipe
To begin making the Aloo Gajar Ki Sabzi Recipe, first prep all the ingredients. Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker, peel the skin and cut into cubes.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan over medium heat, add the cumin seeds and allow it to crackle. Once it crackles, add the ginger and saute for a few seconds. Add the potatoes, carrots, and the remaining masalas and toss well. Add the salt, cover the pan and allow the carrots and aloo to get cooked along with the masalas.
Once done, check the salt and spices and adjust to suit your taste. Finally add a squeeze of lemon and stir in the coriander leaves and serve.