Aloo Methi Paratha Recipe
Aloo Methi Paratha is a great combination of ingredients making the much loved stuffed paratha recipe. Paratha is everyones favourite and this recipe is perfect for Sunday’s breakfast. Everyone loves traditional Aloo paratha but a hot of methi gives it a nice twist.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Paratha recipes such as
For the dough
- 3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Water , as required, for kneading
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Whole Wheat Flour , for dusting
- Salt , to taste For stuffing and roasting
- 1 cup Potato (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) , chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Chaat Masala Powder
- Salt , to taste
- Ghee , as required, for roasting
How to make Aloo Methi Paratha Recipe
To begin making the Aloo Methi Paratha recipe, in a bowl, mix together wheat flour, salt and oil.
Add water little at a time and prepare a soft dough just as we make dough for chapati. Grease your hands with oil and knead it well. Cover it and let it rest for some time.
Now prepare stuffing the stuffing for the paratha. Mix mashed potatoes, chopped onions, chopped methi, finely chopped green chillies and fresh coriander properly in a bowl.
Now add all dry spiced in mixture including salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, chaat masala and mix everything well.
Now make even size ball out of paratha dough and roll out the ball in a small circle dusting wheat flour.
Add some stuffing in the centre and gather all the corners and seal it well and press it lightly.
Dust some wheat flour and roll out the sealed dough into a circle as we do for chapati dough. Don’t apply too much pressure.
Heat a tawa, put the rolled out paratha on it. Let it cook little bit on one side.
Flip it over to the other side and spread some ghee over the paratha which is half cooked.
Flip it again, when the second side is half cooked and spread some more ghee.
Flip it gain, do it couple of times to get paratha browned and cooked well.
Now topped it with butter and serve hot.