Ande Ka Salan Recipe - Tangy Egg Masala in Peanut Gravy
Ande Ka Salan is a lip smacking gravy made with coconut, sesame seed and peanut base along with tangy tamarind. It is a popular recipe from Hyderabad and makes a great accompaniment with biryanis, pulaos or any Indian bread.
Whenever you are in dilemma what to cook for dinner, eggs always come handy! Therefore, we have a delicious Egg Curry Recipe that is especially served with Biryani. Ande Ka Salan Recipe is a tangy, spicy curry prepared using coconut based gravy and hard boiled eggs.
This Egg curry is perfect for the days when you want to make something that is easy to cook and yet delicious.
Roasted sesame seeds, peanuts and coconut are roasted and ground together to make the base. Tamarind Water and Masalas are added to this gravy to make it more delicious and flavourful.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Egg Recipes that you can make for your everyday meals:
- 6 Whole Eggs , hardboiled For paste
- 1/4 Cup Fresh coconut , freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali) , roasted
- 2 tablespoons Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 1/2 cup Water , lukewarm Other ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 2 Onions , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , slit
- 1 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Powder
- 1 cup Tamarind Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
How to make Ande Ka Salan Recipe - Tangy Egg Masala in Peanut Gravy
To begin making the Ande Ka Salan Recipe, into a preheated pan, add the roasted peanuts, sesame seeds and roast for a minute till the sesame seeds start to pop. Once done turn off the heat and let it cool.
Add the roasted peanuts and the sesame seeds into a mixer grinder along with coconut, warm water and grind into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
Next we will proceed to make the gravy. Into a preheated pan, add oil, once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi seeds and allow the seeds to crackle.
Once the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies and saute until the onions turn golden brown in color.
Once done, add in the tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, coconut peanut sesame mixture, tamarind water and salt to taste. Stir the Ande ka Salan gravy well to combine.
Simmer the gravy for Ande ka Salan on medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes. After 5 to 7 minutes, stir in chopped coriander leaves, add slit hard boiled eggs to the gravy, give a brisk boil and turn off the heat.
Transfer Ande Ka salan to a serving dish and serve hot.