Andhra Style Potato Korma Recipe
Rightly flavoured coconut based curry with potatoes that can had with crispy dosa or tawa parathas.
Andhra Style Potato Korma Recipe have flavors that are sensational. The whole spice used are stone flower, star anise, cinnamon and cardamom. The potato is cooked in coconut and poppy seeds based gravy and simmered till the flavors are developed.
If you are looking for more Potato recipes here are some:
- 4 Potatoes (Aloo) , cut into small cubes
- 1 Stone flower
- 1 Star anise
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , chopped
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 4 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina) , chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , to taste Ingredients to grind
- 1/2 cup Fresh coconut , grated
- 5 tablespoons Poppy seeds , roasted
How to make Andhra Style Potato Korma Recipe
To begin making Andhra Style Potato Korma the Recipe grind the roasted poppy seeds and coconut with water to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
Heat a pressure cooker with oil, add fennel seeds, stone flower, star anise, cinnamon and cardamom and fry for 10 seconds.
Add sliced onions, ginger, garlic and green chilli and fry for about 5 minutes till the onions turn translucent.
Add tomatoes and salt and saute until it becomes soft and mushy. Add in the chopped herbs and give it a stir.
Add the ground paste along with spice powders (red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder) and salt. Mix well.
Saute for 5 more minutes, add potatoes and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 3 whistle.
Switch off the heat and allow the pressure to release by itself and serve hot.