Andhra Style Vendakaya Charu Recipe - Ladies Finger Rasam
Andhra Style Vendakaya Charu Recipe is a peppery flavored spicy tamarind rasam with the added goodness of Ladies finger. Pair this healthy rasam recipe along with a healthy poriyal, some rice and ghee, and your good to go.
Andhra Style Vendakaya Charu Recipe (Ladies Finger Rasam Recipe), anyone who is craving for a quick and comforting meal at home should try this Rasam recipe which will lift up your mood for the day. The rasam or charu is an authentic way of making a peppery flavored hot tamarind rasam. This rasam anhot rice is so comforting to be eaten as your lunch meal.
if you are looking for more Rasam Recipes here are some :
- 6 Bhindi (Lady Finger/Okra)
- 2 Tomato , roughly chopped
- 6 Pearl onions (Sambar Onions) , quartered
- 4 Garlic
- 1 cup Tamarind Water
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt , to taste Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 Dry Red Chilli , broken into half
How to make Andhra Style Vendakaya Charu Recipe - Ladies Finger Rasam
We begin making the Andhra Style Vendakaya Charu Recipe (Ladies Finger Rasam Recipe) by placing a pressure cooker on medium flame with ghee and the mustard seeds and allow them to splutter, next add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies, curry leaves and allow them to crackle.
Next add in the chopped onions, and garlic pods. Saute till it is translucent. Then add in the tamarind water, sugar, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, coriander powderand chopped tomatoes and okra. Stir well.
Pressure cook the rasam for about 3 whistles, turn off the flame and allow the pressure to release naturally.