Arbi Ka Saag Recipe
Arbi Ka Saag is a spicy and delicious curd based gravy which is very famous among the Rajasthani households.
Arbi Ka Saag is a spicy and delicious curd based gravy which is very famous among the Rajasthani households. Due to its unique taste, it can also be served during weekend dinner or lunch parties.
You can also try other Gravy based recipes such as
- 250 grams Colocasia root (Arbi) , boiled and peeled
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- Salt , as required
- Water , as required
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Few sprigs, finely chopped
How to make Arbi Ka Saag Recipe
To begin making the Arbi Ka Saag recipe, firstly cut the boiled arbi into round shape. Keep it aside.
Heat oil in a wok/kadhai. Add mustard seeds and asafoetida into the pan. Let it cook till the mustard seeds crackle.
Once it crackles, add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
After 2 to 3 minutes, add in the finely chopped onions. Let it cook till the onion becomes soft and translucent. Add all the masala including red chilis powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt into the pan. Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add water into the curd and whisk well. Add the boiled Karbi and mix everything properly.
Turn the flame low, pour the curd into the pan and stir continuously. Cover the lid and let it cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
After 8 to 10 minutes, switch off the flame and garnish it with the chopped coriander.