Arbi Tomato Onion Sabzi Recipe (Spicy Colocasia Stir fry)
Arbi (Colocasia) is one of the finest source of fiber, iron, vitamin B-complex, zinc, magnesium, copper, iron and manganese. The flavors from the tomato and onions, make this dish truly delicious and tasty.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Arbi recipes such as
The contest is in association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
- 12 Colocasia root (Arbi) , thinly sliced like fries
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 2 Tomatoes , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Asafoetida (hing) , A pinch (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , as required
- 3/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 3/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 Green Chillies , slit thinly
- 2 Dry red chillies
- Cooking oil , as required
How to make Arbi Tomato Onion Sabzi Recipe (Spicy Colocasia Stir fry)
To begin making the Arbi Tomato Onion Sabzi Recipe, wash and soak in salted water for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash again and use towel to soak water from the arbi sticks.
Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry arbi sticks till they become golden in colour. Drain onto paper towel and keep it aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a kadhai. Add whole red chilies, asafoetida, ginger and garlic paste and sauté it for 1 min.
Add sliced onions and stir until they become translucent.
Add turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
Add chopped tomatoes and green chilies. Mix well and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
Add the Arbi and mix well. Cover it with the lid and cook it for 8-10 minutes.