Aromatic Vegetable Pulao Recipe
Looking for an easy and tasty Pulao? If yes, try this delicious Aromatic Vegetable Pulao Recipe and serve it along with a raita and curry of your choice.
Aromatic Vegetable Pulao is a mild and aromatic dish which is low on spices and high on taste with an added crunch and flavour of veggies. A one pot dish that can be prepared in just 20 minutes from start to end. This recipe is ideal for lunch box ,a lazy weekend meal or can even cater to the party menu.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Pulao Recipes such as:
The contest is in association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
- 2 cups Rice
- 4 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar) , steamed
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1/4 cup Potato (Aloo) , cut into small cubes
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 Star anise
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , a small bunch finely chopped
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) , a few sprigs finely chopped
- Salt , to taste
How to make Aromatic Vegetable Pulao Recipe
To begin making the Aromatic Vegetable Pulao recipe, wash and soak rice for at least 30 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a sauce pan and add onions, whole spices and cook until the onion turns golden brown.
Meanwhile add 4 cups of water in a different saucepan and bring it to rolling boil.
Add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes with the onions and whole spices. Let it cook until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
Once the tomatoes are soft, add all the remaining spices and veggies and cook for a minute. After a minute, add the hot water to the veggies.
Add the soaked rice into the pan and cover it with a lid. Let it cook till the rice is 3/4 cooked and the turn the flame to low heat.
Cook it for few more minutes till the rice is almost done and it is ready to be served.