Baked Sweet Potato Boats Recipe
The Baked Sweet Potato Boat's Recipe is a gluten free recipe and is also a vegan dish.
The Baked Sweet Potato Boat's Recipe is a gluten free recipe and is also a vegan dish. Baked Sweet Potato Boat's are healthy and they have many vegetables that provide enough energy and nutrients to the body.The Mexican flavors gives a zingy punch and the baked sweet potatoes makes you feeling full without feeling heavy.
The Baked Sweet Potato Boat's can be served for a fresh summer lunch or for early dinner.
You might also enjoy other sweet potato recipes.
- 1 cup Black beans , cooked, rinsed and drained if canned
- 1/2 Onion , finely diced
- 1 Tomato , seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely diced
- 1/4 cup Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , finely diced
- 1/4 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 5 Pickled Jalapenos , picked, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn , steamed and cooled
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil , as needed
- Red Chilli sauce (Sichuan Sauce) , as required For the dressing:
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Black pepper powder , a pinch
- 1 clove Garlic , finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar , or white vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons Red wine
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt , to taste For Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts , soaked for an hour
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar , or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest , optional but preferred
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Salt , to taste
How to make Baked Sweet Potato Boats Recipe
To begin with Baked Sweet Potato Boat's Recipe, first in a baking tray grease the sweet potatoes with olive oil and bake in a 200 degree preheated oven for 45-60 mins.
In a small jar add cashews, apple cider or white vinegar, lemon juice,lemon zest, water and salt.
Now in a small mixing bowl add the apple cider vinegar , red wine and olive oil and whisk continuously until combined.
Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, dried oregano, raw sugar, pepper, clove to the viniger and red wine mixture and whisk it thoroughly.
In a large Mixing bowl add the beans and the chopped vegetables. Drizzle the dressing and mix it into the salad.
Using a fork create a cavity into the cooked sweet potato and fill the salad to the brim and drizzle with sour cream and Hot Sauce.
Serve the delicious and healthy Baked Sweet Potato Boast's for lunch or early dinner.
Vegan sour cream can be easily substituted with regular Dairy Sour cream
Add 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (if available)and reduce red chilli powder to 1/2 a Teaspoon.
Cold avocado slices make a great addition. The Baked Sweet Potato Boat's can be served for a fresh summer lunch or for early dinner.
Stories of a Mindful Mouth! Gauravi Vinay is a finance graduate and an ex stock broker now a full time mum. She loves travelling and learning about new cultures. She derives massive inspiration to cook from her mum and grandma who are amazing cooks as well. In addition to her love for cooking, she has a huge interest in nutrition and aspires to go in that direction someday. Lastly she loves to experiment with healthy and local ingredients and make plant based food fun and exciting.