Baked Vegetables In Casserole Recipe
Give this Baked vegetables in casserole a try for a special weekend dinner. It is a delicious combination of seasonal vegetables and seasoned with Italian herbs making it perfect along with a fresh salad and bread for dinner.
Baked vegetables in casserole is a delicious combination of seasonal vegetables, whole wheat sauce with Italian herbs, topped with cheese. This dish is delicious as well as appetizing. Slightly charred cheese on top is making me drool all over it. The whole vegetable casserole preparation is in 1 tablespoon butter. Cheese is also used in limited quantity. You can also drop using cheese altogether but a little cheese in the vegetable casserole will still taste yummy and nice.
If you like this recipe, look for more similar and delicious recipes
- 1 cup Button mushrooms , sliced
- 1/2 cup Baby corn , sliced
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , cut into small florets
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , sliced into roundles
- 1/2 cup Green beans (French Beans) , cut into 1/2 an inch
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , diced small
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced small
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tablespoon Butter (Salted)
- 250 ml Milk
- 150 ml Lukewarm Water
- 2 tablespoon Cheese , + 2 tablespoon to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dried oregano
How to make Baked Vegetables In Casserole Recipe
To prepare Baked vegetables in casserole, add oil and sauté the carrot and green beans for 2 minutes, then add in the cauliflower, baby corn and bell peppers to the casserole and saute them again for 2 more minutes. You can sprinkle some salt.
Add in the mushroom and bell peppers and saute for 1 more minute and keep it aside. Let the crunch the vegetables be and if it is half cooked it is fine. Keep them aside.
In a bowl, mix flour, milk & water together. Mix well with a balloon whisk.
Heat butter in a Pan. Pour the flour mix and start whisking. The mixture will thicken in a few minutes.
Switch off the heat, add cheese, salt and pepper as per your taste into this batter. Remember there is salt in the veggies and cheese is also salted so add salt accordingly. Taste further and then adjust.
You can also add your dried seasonings like oregano, thyme and dried red chilli flakes.
The sauce should be of pouring consistency, since it tends to thicken further as it bakes. If your sauce has thickened too much add milk or some water to adjust.
Mix the sauteed veggies into the creamy cheesy batter.