Besan Katli Ki Sabzi Recipe
Besan Katli Ki Sabzi is a recipe that hails from Uttar Pradesh, and is often prepared during monsoon season.With the goodness of spicy dumplings, this recipe will surely be favourite in your family.
Besan Katli Ki Sabzi is a recipe that hails from Uttar Pradesh, and is often prepared during monsoon season. Couple of decades ago, during monsoon, fresh vegetables were seldomly available hence "Besan Ke Paneer" was the go to option for home cooks. Nowadays since monsoons doesn't affect the availability of other veggies and seeing how busy people have gotten with their lives, this recipe is scarcely prepared.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Besan recipes such as
For the gatte
- 1 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic , paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , as required
- Water , as required For the gravy
- Ghee , as required
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
How to make Besan Katli Ki Sabzi Recipe
To begin making the Besan Katli Ki Sabzi recipe, add gram flour, ginger, green chillies, salt and turmeric powder in a bowl and mix everything till it forms a dough.
Cut it into cubes and then boil it in a saucepan with the required water. Keep them aside.
Heat ghee in a wok. Add cumin seeds and onions. Saute till the onions turns translucent.
Add ginger garlic paste and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the tomato puree and all the masalas including salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes and then add the required water. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Now add the steamed gram flour dumplings and cook it for 5 minutes. Once done, switch off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves.
Green peas is optional.
Besan Katli Ki Sabzi Recipe is part of the Recipe Contest: Lost Recipes From Ancestral Kitchens