Bisi Bele Bath Spice Powder Recipe
The Bisi Bele Bath Spice Powder is a mix that has to be made fresh for the delicious rice dish. Here is a simple and quick recipe of how to make just one portion of this powder for the bisi bele bath (click to get the recipe).
If you like this recipe, here are more spice powder recipes to also keep in handy
- 1/4 cup Fresh coconut
- 1 tablespoon Black Urad Dal (Whole)
- 1 tablespoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 5 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds
- 3 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
How to make Bisi Bele Bath Spice Powder Recipe
To begin making the Bisi Bele Bath Spice Powder Recipe, in a small pan dry roast the channa dal, urad dal until lightly browned on medium heat.
Allow it to roast on medium heat until crisp and crunchy. Once roasted, add the remaining ingredients and roast them for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Cool the roasted ingredients completely.
Once cooled, grind into a powder and use in making the Bisi Bele Bath (A Spicy Mixed Vegetable Sambar Rice).