Mexican Style Black Bean Burrito Recipe
A mexican wrap made with tortillas and stuffed with some flavourful black beans and spinach.
Burrito is a Mexican Dish made of flour tortilla wrapped or rolled with stuffing inside. The flour tortilla is usually lightly grilled or steamed, to soften it and make it more pliable. The common fillings are plain rice, beans or refried beans, lettuce, salsa, meat, guacamole, cheese, and sour cream.
If you Like Mexican Food, definitely try your hand at:
- Bean Spinach and Corn Quesadillas
- Mexican Vegetarian Bean & Cheese Enchiladas
- Vegetarian Mexican Tacos with Baked Beans
- 4 Tortillas
- 1/4 cup Black beans , soaked overnight and cooked
- 6 to 8 Spinach Leaves (Palak)
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 1 cup Rice , or brown rice, boiled and chilled
- 1 Lemon juice
- 4 Spring Onion Greens , chopped
- 4 tablespoons Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoon Hung Curd (Greek Yogurt)
How to make Mexican Style Black Bean Burrito Recipe
To begin making the Black Bean Burrito recipe, pick the coriander leaves and set aside, then finely slice the stalks.Keep it aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan over a medium heat, add the chopped garlic and coriander stalks and fry till they become brown.
Add the cooked beans, mix it well and cook for a minute. Add the rice and cook for further 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add coriander leaves that were kept aside.
For Salsa, toss together tomatoes, onions, spring onions, lime juice, coriander leaves, mix well using a fork and season to taste.
Heat the tortillas on a griddle pan till it softens. Lay it on a plate.
Layer spinach leaves over the tortilla. Spoon one-quarter of the fried rice and beans, top with a generous spoonful of salsa.
Grate over some cheese and add a spoon of yoghurt. Wrap up the burrito, then tuck it in.
Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make the rest of the burritos.