Make this lip smacking and wholesome Coorg Breakfast - Thalia Puttu, Kootu Curry and Ellu Pajji for a weekend and serve it along with a cup of coffee and bowl of fruits.
Thalia Puttu is made right from the scratch and fermented overnight using coconut milk making it packed with flavors and taste. It is very similar to idli, but is packed with flavors from coconut.
The Thalia puttu is served along with Kootu Curry and Ella Pajji. Kootu curry is a gravy dish that is packed with seasonal vegetables. It is traditionally prepared during the season of "Kaveri Sankramana" during the monsoon season. Then we have a another side dish Ella Pajji, a chutney made using toasted sesame seeds, jaggery, tamarind and shallots which makes it perfect chutney for this breakfast plate.
Kootu curry is a delicious vegetable gravy that is authentically prepared in kodava community. The kootu curry is made using freshly ground spice and coconut paste and is pressure cooked in a one pot to keep it quick and easy.
If you are looking for more Vegetable curry here are some :
- Cauliflower and Vegetable Curry (With Almonds and Spices)
- Mixed Vegetable Sagu Recipe
- Yeruvalli Kuzhambu Recipe (Tangy Coconut Curry with Vegetables)
A nutty and tangy chutney made using toasted sesame seeds. It has a slight hint of sweetness from the jaggery and tanginess from the tamarind. The sesame chutney is traditionally made on an authentic stone grinder which gives it a chunky and delicious flavour.
If you are looking for more Chutney recipes here are some :
- Green Chutney Recipe - Coriander Mint Chutney Recipe
- Lahsun ki Chutney - Spicy Garlic Chutney
- Coconut Chutney Recipe- For Idli And Dosa
Thalia Puttu is similar to the thatte idli that is served in Karnataka, but the only difference is in the batter. The Thalia Puttu batter is made using the right proportion of rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds that is fermented well in coconut milk.
If you are looking for more Idli Recipes here are some :
- Homemade Soft Idli Recipe (Steamed Rice and Lentil Cake)
- Carrot & Cheese Filled Idli Recipe
- Ragi Rava Idli Recipe - Steamed High Protein Finger Millet Idli