Broccoli Orange Asian Salad Recipe
Most protein packed vegetables with goodness of antioxidants but yet very delicious and filling.
Broccoli is considered as one of the most protein packed vegetables available and also considered as one the inexpensive superfoods available. They are rich in antioxidants and boasts of many cancer fighting properties, so that's many reasons to load up on broccoli. Make this light and quick recipe for weeknight dinners or as a side for a asian spread.
If you like this recipe, you should also try other Salad recipes such as
- Carrot Ribbon Salad With Asian Sesame Dressing Recipe
- Smoked Tofu and Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipe
- Savory Melon Salad Recipe
- 1 Broccoli , cut into florets
- 1 cup Baby spinach , any salad leaves
- 50 grams Purple cabbage , shredded
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , finely julienned
- 10 to 12 Snow peas
- 1 Orange , peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons Raw Peanuts (Moongphali) , crushed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , for cooking as needed For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce , or any asian styles hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1/2 tablespoon Honey
- Orange , Zest of one
How to make Broccoli Orange Asian Salad Recipe
To begin making the Broccoli Orange Asian Salad recipe, prepare all the vegetables and fruit required.
Zest the orange and save it for the dressing before you segment it.
In a grill pan/pan drizzle some olive oil and grill or saute the broccoli and snow peas until they are slightly charred on a high flaming while continuously stirring it around. It should take around 2 to 3 minutes.
Now assemble the salad by layering a plate with salad leaves, then spread the purple cabbage and carrots.
Place the warm broccoli and snow peas on top and finally place the orange segments.
In a small mixing bowl, add all the ingredients of the dressing and whisk it all together until it thickens and emulsifies with a glossy appearance.
Now drizzle the dressing just before serving and sprinkle crushed peanuts on top.