Broken Wheat And Green Moong Khichdi Recipe
Broken Wheat And Green Moong Khichdi is a quick, healthy, one pot meal that is perfect for busy weeknights. Unlike the usual rice-lentil combination, this khichdi is made using wheat Dalia and lentils. This fiber-rich khichdi is also packed with fresh seasonal vegetables and is as comforting as it is nutritious. The Broken Wheat And Green Moong Khichdi is delicious on its own, but you can serve it with the usual accompaniments.
If you like this recipe, you can also try similar recipes like
- 1 cup Broken Wheat (Dalia/ Godumai Rava) , lightly roasted, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup Green Moong Dal (Whole) , lightly roasted and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 4 Garlic
- 1/4 cup Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 5-6 Curry leaves , torn with hands
- 1/2 inch Ginger , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 3-4 Green Chillies
- Mint Leaves (Pudina) , a few sprigs chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
How to make Broken Wheat And Green Moong Khichdi Recipe
To begin making the Broken Wheat And Green Moong Khichdi, first crush together the garlic cloves, cumin seeds and green chilies in a small mortar and pestle. Keep it aside.
Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker and add mustards seeds. Once they crackle, add the crushed garlic-cumin-chillies paste and the curry leaves.
Fry for a few seconds and then add the onion. Saute for a minute and then add turmeric powder, asafoetida and ginger. Mix it properly and add all the vegetables.
Saute for another minute and then add the dalia and green moong.
Add enough water (depending on the consistency required) and mix well. About 3 cups for a porridge like consistency.
Sprinkle some salt and cook it till the cooker releases 2 whistles or till well cooked.
Wait for the pressure to come down on its own. Garnish the khichdi with chopped mint and coriander, lime juice (if using) and serve immediately.